Benromach distillery was first established in Forres, Scotland in 1898.
The family, the Urquharts of Elgin, have always been passionate about whisky. Their ancestor John began laying down casks of single malt at different distilleries in 1915, when everyone else was blending their whiskies. The family finally realised their dream in 1993 with the purchase of Benromach on the outskirts of Forres. The vision for Benromach was to create a traditional, handcrafted single malt based on the character of Speyside whiskies from their ancestors.